3rd brake light for 1989 W250

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walter Joy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L (360) TBI V8
So last week as I heading home, I was pulled over by a Maryland State Trooper. His reasoning was I had a brake light out. He gave me a warning and sent me on my way. Now here's the kicker: I get home and have dad check the taillights. Both of them work and everything. What we can only deduce is he saw the cargo light on the back of the cab and thought it was a faulty 3rd brake light. So my question is this: is there any aftermarket or OEM third brake light kit to mount near or in the cargo light housing? What did the 1991-1993 Dodges have? MD law says that all vehicles made after Jan 1 1967 have to have 2 brake lights. It's just aggravating that I was pulled over for something my truck never had. And thank god it was a warning and not a fixit ticket.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
you could probably add a 3rd brake light there if wanted but i don't think any first gens ever came from the factory with a 3rd brake light.

Jb88W250

Reaction score
Ram Year
1988 W250 daily/plow truck 1990 d150 project truck
Engine
5.2L 318
That cop just gave you a random excuse to why he pulled you over and even if it was a fix it ticket you'd just prove its a cargo light not a brake light and they'd throw the ticket in the trash and probably call the officer who wrote it a ******* lol