3rd brake light works, but not the cargo light(s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddybat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo
Hello! I have a 2012 RAM 5500. I just installed a third brake light w/cargo lights. The wiring is there, it plugs in correctly, and the brake light works... However, the cargo lamps do not illuminate. With the dome lights on, I checked the plug coming from the truck (the brake/cargo light is brand new). Doesn't seem to be any power there... With the brake light working, however, I'm wondering if the cargo lights wires are on a different fuse or circuit? Would there be a reason a couple of the wires are not wired to the dome light? There was never a brake light there, it is factory wiring and had a plain cover over the opening. It is a Dorman light combo from Amazon, listed my vehicle as compatible. Thanks for any ideas...

Jimbro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm having the same issue with my 2013 Laramie. Did you ever find the answer?

Jimbro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just found the answer to my cargo light issue. So I switched to the paddle LED lights and have been trying to get them to work off and on for a few months. Today I bought the regular 921 bulbs to just put in so I would have cargo lights. I thought I would give the paddle bulbs one last try. I tested the wire connections and was getting 12v, then I replaced the paddle bulbs and one worked, I then turned the other paddle bulb around and then it worked. I honestly didn't think it mattered how you put them in but I guess I was wrong as they're working now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500