4 way flasher not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX_SHOCKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Ok, this has been driving me crazy for awhile and I am at the end of the road. I have a 2010 2500 and my 4 way hazard lights do not work. I tried to find a fuse for it, couldnt find one. I have tried to look up info about it and I only found that there is a multiswitch but cant find location for it. Everything else works fine (turn signals. brake, etc...)
Im mechanicaly enclined so me not being able to figure this out is really bugging me.
The 4 ways worked once but only for a quick flash then they were done. The light on the dash when you press the button in lights up still.

Anyone have any info that could lead my in the right direction? Thanks in advanced

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm

Looks like the 4-ways are controlled by the TIPM. There's no dedicated fuse for them and even the flashing is controlled within the circuit board; no flasher that I can see on the diagrams.
There's is a 22-gauge wire, white with brown stripe that goes from the switch on the dash to the circuit board. My suggestion would be to pull the TIPM and check all the wire connections on the bottom to be sure they're tight before you do anything else.

OP
OP
T

TX_SHOCKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks! The link you posted im guessing is a wiring diagram? My work computers are lame and old and they wont let me view that picture on the page... but ill just look up TIPM on google to get an idea that way.
Thanks again!

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can look up wiring diagrams by VIN on that page. The TIPM is the big fuse box beside your battery. There are 4 clips that hold it in. Pull back on the clips and the whole thing lifts up. Turn it over and you'll find more wires than you ever hoped to see in one place.
Start wiggling **** around in there, push them all in to make sure they're seated well and see what happens.

OP
OP
T

TX_SHOCKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Well i ended up rigging up something to work. Behind the dash where the wirewires plug in to the dash I ran a jumper wire to a switch I mounted in cigarette lighter on the left. It basically just provides a ground to activate the 4 ways. It works just fine. I traced that wire and came to the conclusion that is a computer board issue, so there is no fix besides replacing parts etc...
The switch that I'm talking about is the red one. It tucks up nicely is the plastic and doesn't stick out much. The green switch is for something else lol
nn3294.jpg