47re 3rd is 2nd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackjack135

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a 95 47re and as the title says 3rd gear is 2nd gear. Pressure gauge on the port closest to the dipstick shows 150 to 90 to 45 to 0 when 3rd is applied. I have a tfod-3 kit from trans go (manual valve body) 1st and 2nd and reverse are all hard and firm. Removed valve body to inspect, found that I forgot to take out the mumbly peg that helps install the detent ball, don’t know if that has any correlation. Valve body looked fine, pressure tested the third gear port, and I hear a pretty good leak, I can feel some air coming out of the port 1 hole down from the third gear port. But there’s some hissing I still hear when I plug the port with my finger. I just remembered that I still have the gauge hooked up to the external port and I will remove it and try it again, but has anyone had anything like this happen or know where to look. I’m assuming the trans will have to come out and I’ll have to find the leak, maybe in the pump ports or something but idk where to start from here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500