4th gen 2/4 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjgm2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m new to the forum,
So I got a Belltech 2/4 drop installed on my 18 ccsb 4x4, not sure what happened but I got 2.5inches in the front and 6 in the back, is that normal?

Attachments

• 60BCCD3D-C0D6-4204-B640-A20BCD7E04D2.jpeg
    60BCCD3D-C0D6-4204-B640-A20BCD7E04D2.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 37

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah that sounds like a 3/6. I have the Belltech 2/4 and it isn't near that low in the back.

OP
OP
M

Mjgm2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Mike Townsend really eh? Well **** haha I didn’t want that low. first lowered truck I’ve ever had, any way to get it to the 2/4? I bottom out quite a bit, I’m in the works to get the Durango helper bags and what not to help the rear end at least, front seems awful low to me!

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Usually a 2/4 is a pretty simple drop. I'm wondering exactly what they changed on the back to get it that low. As an example the best one I've read about is the INEZ kit. But to make that work correctly you have to cut some things off of your rear axle and weld on new ones. The front uses the stock shocks so it rides better. That is the way I would like to go but haven't gotten around to it yet. I am not a fan of how it rides if I hit two bumps quickly.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I had the bell tech 2/4, never rubbed in front occasional bottomed out in rear but only when loaded.

Replacement with inez 4/6. Have had lots of challenges with front tire rubbing inner fenders. Have finally gotten most of the issue dealt with and only rub on big bumps at higher speed.

Back does require modification of rear axle. Which would be difficult to un do unless you get the no cut brackets, which are no longer sold new.

The brackets definitely work and fix ride and the way the suspension responds. They are not required, supposedly for a 4 inch drop but I would still recommend them.

In my opinion a 2/4 or a 3/5 is best If you actually drive the truck every day, but do expect some compromising issues with bad road conditions..
Buy good shocks and be prepared for an occasional issue.

In my opinion get the bell tech 2/4, a set of maxtrax camber correction upper control arms and if necessary,, the rear inez brackets.

OP
OP
M

Mjgm2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Bigskyroadglide
I only bottomed the front once or twice at highway speed on a certain bump, nothing crazy, I am considering the uppers to fix the camber issue though! I don’t rub at all for now, but I just feel it’s to low for the kit I got (Belltech 965sp) as for the rear I’m thinking of cutting the cups and getting the helper bags for now and try that.

@Mike Townsend
Yea I’m curious what they did as well to drop the rear 6in! I haven’t had time to take the tires off and have a good look under there but will when I can! When you say front shocks, you mean the whole stock strut in place of the street performer shock right? I’ll have to do that as well then