4th Gen Ram 2500 life expectancy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Window sticker on that particular truck was $68,055. I'm guessing it actually sold(new) for around $58K give or take.

...well that, and I noticed that the 2016 model year had seemed *way* overpriced back when I was looking (March - June of this year), to the point where a 2017 with the same specs and lower mileage would often be little-to-no difference, and in a couple of cases outright cheaper than the 2016 model (wish I was kidding...)

Has anyone else seen that with the 2016 MY, or is it just a Pacific Northwest thing? If you have... can you tell me what was so magical about that model year?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
...well that, and I noticed that the 2016 model year had seemed *way* overpriced back when I was looking (March - June of this year), to the point where a 2017 with the same specs and lower mileage would often be little-to-no difference, and in a couple of cases outright cheaper than the 2016 model (wish I was kidding...)

Has anyone else seen that with the 2016 MY, or is it just a Pacific Northwest thing? If you have... can you tell me what was so magical about that model year?

2016 and 2017 are identical trucks so that's weird what you are seeing on pricing. Not what I am seeing here in the south east, an identical equipped 2017 is going to be more then the same 2016 if it's an apples to apples comparison.