4th gen stabilizer bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
Hi everyone. I’m Specifically looking for part number 55398938AC which is the front stabilizer/ sway bar for a ram 1500 4wd quad and crew cab without air suspension. Anyone got one for cheap? I’m looking to get it to get painted and replace my stock black one. Thanks.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Check craigslist and offer-up, I see a few on those always popping up.

OP
OP
T JAZ

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
Someone also recommended
car-part.com and locally to me there are actually a few so I may just go that route. Thanks.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Why not just pull your sway bar and have it painted. The truck will still be drivable without, just don't try drive like Mario Andretti. I drove with a broken sway bar on my van for two weeks since the part had to be ordered and getting it into the shop.

OP
OP
T JAZ

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
Why not just pull your sway bar and have it painted. The truck will still be drivable without, just don't try drive like Mario Andretti. I drove with a broken sway bar on my van for two weeks since the part had to be ordered and getting it into the shop.
Never considered it, Is it actually doable without one on a lifted truck?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Never considered it, Is it actually doable without one on a lifted truck?
A sway bar just helps with the stability while cornering. None of the suspension or steering components operation are effected by removing the sway sway bar. If I'm not mistaken the Power Wagon has electronically detachable sway bars for better off road articulation.
It will just be temporary without it, drive extra conservative. Not having a sway bar isn't going to make the vehicle wildly uncontrollable, you'll notice it not there though drive accordingly.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I broke a sway bar endlink off my 92 k1500, didn’t notice for an unknown period of time, only noticed while rotating tires. Torsion bars were cranked a significant amount, so body roll would have been limited by lack of available articulation anyhow.

It’s drivable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007