4wd shift in progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swampfox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep getting a 4wd shift in progress message while driving. It mainly happens when I got over bumps in the road. It is more prevalent when I'm towing or when I have my tire pressure set to the factory 60/80. I usually run 50psi all the way around. It seems like there is a micro switch bad or out of adjustment but I can't find one. I also adjusted the linkage to no avail and after doing so figured out it wouldnt matter anyway so I set it back to the original location. Truck is a 2016 2500 tradesman with 30,000 on the odometer. Going to the dealer tomorrow but wanted to post here first....any thoughts?

OP
OP
S

Swampfox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No it is not actually shifting....it has done it randomly since the truck was new but now it's happening more and more often....i can barely set my hand on the shifter in the truck and it will show the message

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Post up to let us know what the dealer tells you.

A common issue with the Jeep JK's was the shift sensor would go bad or out of adjustment and would not let you start the jeep because to the computer, the jeep wasn't in neutral. At first you could just push the shifter forward and turn the key. After a while though, it wouldn't work anymore.

I had mine re-adjusted once and then replaced the 2nd time I took it in for the same issue... all under warranty by the dealership.

Good Luck