4x4 Knob Fell Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nighthawk87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My 4x4 selection knob fell off; well the faceplate of it did. I can’t find it as my father in law had it happen while towing our trailer across the country. Ram dealership won’t warranty it which I think they should. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix it?

They said it only comes as a whole module and cost $200 to get replaced. Bullshi* on a 2017 ram to have this happen and be left in the cold. Bought the truck for the mechanics (frame, axles, and Cummins), but dissatisfied with the for/finish. Glad I didn’t opt for their “upgrades” on higher models. I’ll stick woh my basic tradesman since ram can’t seem to get a knob right.

Help me out fellas. Wtf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Pictures?

Do not understand why this is not covered under warranty?

Mehgyver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Might have better luck in the 4th gen forums, the 5th gens dont have a 4x4 knob ours are just push buttons

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FWIW, take a ride to a local junk yard where you can pull your own parts. Might be able to get it real cheap.