4x4 tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garymtx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting ready to replace the factory Goodyears with something a little more aggressive. Looking very seriously at Cooper at3, either the 4s or the xlt. Had good luck with Coopers in the past but never this exact tire. Wanting a quite all terrain. Any comments are appreciated!!!

2014 Laramie 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7, 8 speed, factory air ride.

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
Getting ready to replace the factory Goodyears with something a little more aggressive. Looking very seriously at Cooper at3, either the 4s or the xlt. Had good luck with Coopers in the past but never this exact tire. Wanting a quite all terrain. Any comments are appreciated!!!

2014 Laramie 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7, 8 speed, factory air ride.

Falken Wildpeak AT3

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had the KO2s and now Duratracs. Can't say much but good things about them. Wildpeaks aren't as cheap as they used to be.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've had the KO2s and now Duratracs. Can't say much but good things about them. Wildpeaks aren't as cheap as they used to be.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Ain't that the truth. I priced out a set recently. Even in the past yr the Falkens have jumped to at least mid pack on price. They were an easy choice for me to plan to run when my SRAs are done. Now I have to revisit my options.

I will never touch a Cooper tire again. Serious tread cracks between every groove on 4 tires with only 18 months & 10k miles on them. Took 3 weeks & multiple attempts from a Cooper dealer to get a local Cooper rep to look at pictures (He wouldn't drive 15 minutes to look at himself) Cooper company says send us the tires & we'll decide if you have a warranty claim. Dealer says I will sell you a set of tires at my cost plus labour for balance & install in the meantime & btw I'm not saying why but I'm not selling Cooper tires anymore. This was on my 2003 Tacoma which I figured inc tires needed about 7k in work done on it so that was the final straw & I sold it & bought the Ram. Took 1k off what I would have asked for it in lieu of bothering with the tires. Granted those were Cooper Discovers, not the SST's I think it is which I recall a number of pple running without issue, but certainly, the experience left a very bad impression about the Cooper company. I had Toyos for 4 years before that. Never had a complaint with them.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Ain't that the truth. I priced out a set recently. Even in the past yr the Falkens have jumped to at least mid pack on price. They were an easy choice for me to plan to run when my SRAs are done. Now I have to revisit my options.

I will never touch a Cooper tire again. Serious tread cracks between every groove on 4 tires with only 18 months & 10k miles on them. Took 3 weeks & multiple attempts from a Cooper dealer to get a local Cooper rep to look at pictures (He wouldn't drive 15 minutes to look at himself) Cooper company says send us the tires & we'll decide if you have a warranty claim. Dealer says I will sell you a set of tires at my cost plus labour for balance & install in the meantime & btw I'm not saying why but I'm not selling Cooper tires anymore. This was on my 2003 Tacoma which I figured inc tires needed about 7k in work done on it so that was the final straw & I sold it & bought the Ram. Took 1k off what I would have asked for it in lieu of bothering with the tires. Granted those were Cooper Discovers, not the SST's I think it is which I recall a number of pple running without issue, but certainly, the experience left a very bad impression about the Cooper company. I had Toyos for 4 years before that. Never had a complaint with them.

My brother has had 3 sets of Cooper Discoverer tires on his 2004 CTD 4x4 over the last 10 years and has not had a single problem and usually gets 45-50K miles out of them.
I will be buying a set very soon for my 2017 CTD 4x4.

copvl0.ang.xl.jpg

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don't doubt it. Just sharing my own experience. More so with Coopers lack of support.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
KO/2s. End of discussion

At least in my opinion

A man who knows what he likes !!!

I still don’t understand these tire threads ... You get 50 opinions about 30 different brands, and at the end, you’re no farther along than if you had just opened the tire rack website ... Lol

Ya wouldn’t let us pick your wife, so why ya lettin us pick something important like your truck tires ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dice

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A man who knows what he likes !!!

I still don’t understand these tire threads ... You get 50 opinions about 30 different brands, and at the end, you’re no farther along than if you had just opened the tire rack website ... Lol

Ya wouldn’t let us pick your wife, so why ya lettin us pick something important like your truck tires ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't done so great with the 2 wives so far. Maybe I should start a thread.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Happy with my Cooper AT3 4S tires after one year. Handled 4 seasons weather without issue. If you want to spend more dollars, check out Michelin defenders. I have no experience with the Michelin, but they receive great reviews on this forum.