5100s with 4” BDS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jellyballz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not much luck on other forums so I’ll try here.

looking at the 4” BDS kit with 3” rear coils.

I already have a complete front and back set of bilstein 5100s.

My plan is to set them at 1.4” up front so the truck sits level. With the rear being raised 3”, will I still be able to use the bilsteins back there rather than running the supplied shock? I’d like to keep the shocks/struts the same brand.

Bilsteins website states it will accommodate 0-2” of lift.

so, have people been getting away with it?

mid not, where should I find the bilsteins that would accommodate 3” for the ram?

thanks

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Not much luck on other forums so I’ll try here.

looking at the 4” BDS kit with 3” rear coils.

I already have a complete front and back set of bilstein 5100s.

My plan is to set them at 1.4” up front so the truck sits level. With the rear being raised 3”, will I still be able to use the bilsteins back there rather than running the supplied shock? I’d like to keep the shocks/struts the same brand.

Bilsteins website states it will accommodate 0-2” of lift.

so, have people been getting away with it?

mid not, where should I find the bilsteins that would accommodate 3” for the ram?

thanks

That would be a negative the rear shocks will not accommodate the 3" coils

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stock length rear shocks (Non ORP) seem to be 24.7" extended, 15.8" compressed.
The Bilstein 0-2" (non ORP) 24-233354 are literally 3/4" longer than stock at 25.4" extended -15.8" compressed.
The Bilstein 0-1.5 (ORP) 25-299946 are 1" longer, 25.75" extended - 15.69" compressed
Fox is listing a 0-2" shock 985-24-231, 26.6" extended - 16.05" compressed
I'd think you'll want the longer one to go with the BDS 3" coils. I'd think BDS is probably using the same 3" in the 4th gen RAM ?

OP
OP
jellyballz

jellyballz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for the replies, I have since talk to both Bilstein and bds and confirmed the above. After getting the extended and compressed lengths I will be setting the fronts to I think 1.4 to level the truck and am having 5160s made to the length stated for the fox 2.0s.

I loved the fox on my last bds lift but i'm super OCD and want the same shock all around. Bils up front and fox in the rear would drive me crazy just knowing it.

I have seen others state doing the 6in lift up front and leaving out the preload spacer and then doing the 3in coils in the back for level, but since I already have the Bilsteins ill just go that route probably.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Following ... Did Zone 4”F/3”R with Bils @ 1.4” on my 2012 ... I have loved it ... Gettin ready to move into a Gen 5 ... Hope it works and looks just as good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk