5th Gen 2019+ Foglight Add-on harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Message sent

Mike G.

M² Mods.
via Tapatalk App!

Procharged392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any advice on how to remove c4? The two between c1 and c4 are not in the way(as of right now). I’m just having a hard time trying to pushing the clip in and pushing the lock up with my right hand.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Any advice on how to remove c4? The two between c1 and c4 are not in the way(as of right now). I’m just having a hard time trying to pushing the clip in and pushing the lock up with my right hand.
What are you taking about exactly?
BCM connectors?

Did you go back and read posts 3-4 or so? There's a bcm connector video I made and pictures/tips from Jimmy07

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

Procharged392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Read all post several times and watched your video in the process of this install and yes, c4 bcm connector. Trying to push the lock in and push up the grey leveler up with one hand, been fighting with this for the last hour.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Read all post several times and watched your video in the process of this install and yes, c4 bcm connector. Trying to push the lock in and push up the grey leveler up with one hand, been fighting with this for the last hour.
Best way I can explain is to kneel on the ground outside next to the truck, reach up with your right hand and get the C4 connector located without looking. Put your index finger on the release tab above the lever. Put your thumb under the lever. Simultaneously push in the tab with your index finger while pulling up on the lever with your thumb.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Unfortunately I'm not home to get a picture of it either.

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

Procharged392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just want to give a big kudos for the guys who completed this install. This is kicking my butt, right arm had scratches all over. Round two tomorrow, I’m struggling with pin 13. There just no room for anything. I’m hoping to have better luck tomorrow.

Procharged392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Edit - user error.

will try again next week. Alphaobd updated but fogs are not turned on so it has to be a connection issue.

Last edited:

Procharged392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone done this with LED fogs? Reconnected everything and I’m still not having any luck.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anyone done this with LED fogs? Reconnected everything and I’m still not having any luck.
Keep in mind that the positive and ground wires are reversed in the two positions on the connector that plugs into the fogs for the led option. Since LEDs are polarity sensitive, try plugging in the connector the other way.

Procharged392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jimmy, there’s only one way to connect the bcm connector from the fire wall to the main foglight harness and only one way to connect the foglight harness to the fog lights.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Jimmy, there’s only one way to connect the bcm connector from the fire wall to the main foglight harness and only one way to connect the foglight harness to the fog lights.
The Mopar LED upgrade kit (for 1500 DT's) actually has you depin the H11 lamp connectors and Swap the pins around. It's possible you may have to do the same with the 2500 bumper harness you have.

Jimmy may be able to confirm, but the 2500 may actually use the same LED LAMP ASSY as the 1500 DT (I can't verify it yet)... What pn LED assy are you using or are they aftermarket bulbs in the round halogen housings?

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The Mopar LED upgrade kit (for 1500 DT's) actually has you depin the H11 lamp connectors and Swap the pins around. It's possible you may have to do the same with the 2500 bumper harness you have

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)
Ah, yes. I see the key way slot in the fog light connector preventing just flipping it over.

Procharged392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Mopar LED upgrade kit (for 1500 DT's) actually has you depin the H11 lamp connectors and Swap the pins around. It's possible you may have to do the same with the 2500 bumper harness you have.

Jimmy may be able to confirm, but the 2500 may actually use the same LED LAMP ASSY as the 1500 DT (I can't verify it yet)... What pn LED assy are you using or are they aftermarket bulbs in the round halogen housings?

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

fog assembly came off a 19/20 5500 cab and chassis, stock assembly. So which pins would I need to swap around?

Ah, yes. I see the key way slot in the fog light connector preventing just flipping it over.

yep, I was just going to take a picture for you. Only one way due to the key way