5th gen struts fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DA67Goatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I picked up a used pair of struts from a 5th gen owner who did a leveling kit. They do in fact fit on a 4th gen with only a slight increase in ride height. To my eye it was about an inch taller and it all came from the strut being longer below the lower spring perch. So if anyone was curious, I can confirm fitment. The only weird part is they mount 180° from 4th gen, meaning the stickers on the struts face inward rather than outward, due to the strut mount bolt pattern being changed.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So you are confirming stock 5th gen struts are like a leveling kit for a 4th gen?

OP
OP
DA67Goatman

DA67Goatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's not quite the lift needed for "level" but it is a small increase in height. I cannot confirm the same applies to aftermarket struts as I only tried a set of OE taken off for a leveling kit.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It should be 1” lift over stock 4th gen struts. The 5th gen struts should be longer too I think. Around 1/2”. I looked into using the 5th gen fox coilovers on my truck but stuck with the 4th gens because the ones I bought are the older style with better quality parts. The fox 2.5 for 5th gens is 3/4” longer than the 4th gens version. As far as I can tell 1/2-3/4” is the max you can push 4th gens cv axles before they bind so the it would be close

palmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
g
It should be 1” lift over stock 4th gen struts. The 5th gen struts should be longer too I think. Around 1/2”. I looked into using the 5th gen fox coilovers on my truck but stuck with the 4th gens because the ones I bought are the older style with better quality parts. The fox 2.5 for 5th gens is 3/4” longer than the 4th gens version. As far as I can tell 1/2-3/4” is the max you can push 4th gens cv axles before they bind so the it would be close
The 5th gen shocks/struts/coilovers are the same length. Im assuming they are stiffer because my front end height are the same after i swapped them. My factory 4th gen shocks had 2” strut spacers originally and took them off and stuck these new (2022 coilovers) and installed them. Trucks looks exactly the same as it did with the 2” lift on.
Hope this helps anyone with this same question as i did. Nearly everyone told me they wouldn’t fit.

palmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I picked up a used pair of struts from a 5th gen owner who did a leveling kit. They do in fact fit on a 4th gen with only a slight increase in ride height. To my eye it was about an inch taller and it all came from the strut being longer below the lower spring perch. So if anyone was curious, I can confirm fitment. The only weird part is they mount 180° from 4th gen, meaning the stickers on the struts face inward rather than outward, due to the strut mount bolt pattern being changed.
my bolt pattern was the same. Stickers faced outwards as normal. Im just glad they fit. Saved me 650$.