6.4 BGE article

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That’s a very good read. These engines are built to last and have no doubt they are built to put a lot of miles on them. The fact that they share so much with the hell cat engine block says a lot. I had no idea.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
BGE Big Gas Engine. That’s funny.

If I read that correctly, the 6.4 Block and heads are quite similar to those of a hellcat. It also has a forged steel crank. They swapped out the Pistons, rods, and a few other things. And didn’t have a whole lot of money stuck in it. Yet

The article stopped. But they posted horsepower numbers, which was kind of confusing. But that thing is 1000 hp monster and should be quite reliable.

ajrj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I actually read that article this am. Happy to be moving ahead with my 6.4 swap, should be started next week. We'll see what the future holds for mods, but it definitely looks like its the base for some reliable numbers from a daily driver.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
After 17 the BGE block became the standard block for the 6.4 Challengers and Chargers to.Supposedly some of the early 14 BGE truck blocks came through with-out the BGE cast into the block,but are still apparently the BGE block