6.4 Hemi Engine Fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWallace9915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hello All,
First time Ram owner and fist time posting! Recently, I have noticed that my engine fan is always running. Even seconds after start up on cold mornings. It has been below 20F here in West Virginia for the past couple weeks. My engine coolant temp has been around 225 at idle… is this normal idle temp? Why would my fan be on at all times? Thank you in advance!!

I should add that a few days ago, I had a piece of ice come off of a tractor trailer and busted my plastic grille, but I see no damage to the radiator or no loose parts.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello All,
First time Ram owner and fist time posting! Recently, I have noticed that my engine fan is always running. Even seconds after start up on cold mornings. It has been below 20F here in West Virginia for the past couple weeks. My engine coolant temp has been around 225 at idle… is this normal idle temp? Why would my fan be on at all times? Thank you in advance!!

I should add that a few days ago, I had a piece of ice come off of a tractor trailer and busted my plastic grille, but I see no damage to the radiator or no loose parts.
Check your interior heater controls.Not sure about the newer 5th Gens,but if you have the heater controls on the defrost setting,(to defrost the windshield), on the earlier 4th Gens,the engine fan will kick in.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check your interior heater controls.Not sure about the newer 5th Gens,but if you have the heater controls on the defrost setting,(to defrost the windshield), on the earlier 4th Gens,the engine fan will kick in.
I have never had that happen, check the clutch on the fan.