6.4 no crank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRs 17 Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ok, lots of info out there, none exactly the same as my issue. Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn 6.4. Drove around all day, stopped at a buddy's house. 20 minutes later get back in the truck, turn key, lights come on but no crank, no clicking, nothing. Tried it several times with no change. Tried a remote start, same thing. Asked my buddy about giving me a jump. He went to get his cables and I said I'll try it one more time and it started. I don't want to get stranded somewhere so where do I start? My battery connections are good, tight and clean, battery seems good. Thanks in advance.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Could be plenty of things Ignition/starter/bad connection ect even tho it started the truck I would def have your battery tested could be on its way out newer vehicles are very picky when it comes to voltage.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
If it happens again & its push start, try pushing button with fob.
Both fobs with new batteries stopped working on our 2014 Jeep Cherokee, had to replace.
Same symptoms as you are describing.

KWooten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, lots of info out there, none exactly the same as my issue. Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn 6.4. Drove around all day, stopped at a buddy's house. 20 minutes later get back in the truck, turn key, lights come on but no crank, no clicking, nothing. Tried it several times with no change. Tried a remote start, same thing. Asked my buddy about giving me a jump. He went to get his cables and I said I'll try it one more time and it started. I don't want to get stranded somewhere so where do I start? My battery connections are good, tight and clean, battery seems good. Thanks in advance.

KWooten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same issue. Have you found a solution? Battery is good. Seems intermittent. Last time I got it to stare I shifted the 4wd from high to low and it started.

burner71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it's intermittent try this.
Go get a battery cable at the store and run it from the negative post to a bolt on your alternator frame.
If it never happens again then you had a bad ground somewhere.