6.7 cummins Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigdiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New on here and I just bought my first Diesel.
2017 ram 2500
And being new to the Diesel wanna ask for any advise about them.
How to keep engine and turbo running good.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Use your exhaust brake all the time, keeps turbo clean. No extended idling, work it hard and get it hot. New emissions hate short city driving. Otherwise, enjoy it!!

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
New on here and I just bought my first Diesel.
2017 ram 2500
And being new to the Diesel wanna ask for any advise about them.
How to keep engine and turbo running good.
Oil changes and filter changes of course are things to not forget. Diesel fuel gels up below 10 degrees farenheit so since you live in Canada, you might look into a good fuel additive that combats that, or you’ll be dead in the water until it warms up past that temperature. Tuning the ecm and deleting the emissions stuff is fun and helps with engine longevity if you’re into that, but it can void your warranty so do so at your own choice

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
just bought my first diesel as well, an 18 Bighorn 2500. But our entire fleet of work rigs are Cummins, so I have some experience with em.

Drive em like you stole em. Diesels like to be run hard, thats what they're made for. Mine has about 1200 miles on it, and about 750 of that is towing a trailer. The first 6k is the final polish and hone for engine parts, and they wont, if you dont get the motor good and hot.

Extended idling is bad. ***** up the emissions equipment, and its expensive to replace/repair. Short trips arent exactly bad for it, but if thats all your daily commute is, then take it out every couple of weeks and run it on the highway for a half-hour or so to give the dpf a chance to heat up and clear.

if you dont have the cold weather package already installed, get the block heater hooked up. the stealership will hit you for a couple hundy to do it, while you can DIY for less than 30 bucks.The heating element is pre-installed by Cummins- all you need is the actual cord, which is around 25 bucks on Amazon. Take you around 20-30 minutes to put it on, depending on where you want to route the cord.

Be sneaky about running the red fuel...lol

dsolarp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Use your exhaust brake all the time, keeps turbo clean. No extended idling, work it hard and get it hot. New emissions hate short city driving. Otherwise, enjoy it!!

Hi, i got a question about the exhaust brake.

Is it better to have it on the yellow signal or the green one while it shows on the screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Hi, i got a question about the exhaust brake.

Is it better to have it on the yellow signal or the green one while it shows on the screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always used the yellow setting, I liked it activating when I let off the throttle instead of having to tap the brakes.

Frank A Rappel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
2016 Ram Long Horn 2500
52,000 miles
Deleted DEF EGR DPF
Looking to do the Gen 2 Swap and Trans upgrade.
Does anyone in SE Michigan have any good words for a Trans shop to deal with? I don't want to just take it down to the corner Aamco had trust them to do the upgrade on it.
Thanks in advance.