6" Zone Lift Front Strut Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I have been reading dead end posts for weeks now. Here is my situation, which I am sure I'm not alone. I have a 2012 1500 4x4 with a Zone 6" Front / 5" Rear Lift. The front uses the Strut spacers and my struts are the quickstut drop in garbage. I would like to upgrade to the BDS 88302073 Fox 2.5 6" Lift coilover that comes with the BDS lift but I am not convinced its worth more than my entire lift cost. Option 2 would be keep the strut spacer and run a factory sized replacement like the Fox 2.0 coilover.

Before everyone jumps in here and tells me to run the Bilsteins I am not looking to go that route because I feel that half my issue is with the coil springs that came with the quickstruts. I do not have the OEM springs as I bought my truck used. Any help would be appreciated and pictures speak 1,000 words.

Ram.JPG

Strut 1.JPG

Strut 2.JPG

strut 3.JPG

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
What I am looking for:
Someone that has a Zone lift that is running a Procomp or Fabtech Front Strut assembly. I know the Fabtech dirt logic part # is FTS23157 for the non resi version. $1300
or maybe someone running a different set up that's more cost effective. I have called BDS, Zone, Fabtech and a few resellers and no one seems to be the least bit helpful with what options are out there.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So they are not Factory springs?

What about a Rancho coil over?
Rough country coil over?

I’m not to familiar with the bds lift, but it looks like you get all the lift from that spacer.

So you don’t like the Normal style Coil over?

I don’t know about Theuren but I know carli has a coil over, problem is it will probably be as expensive as the bds.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What I am looking for:
Someone that has a Zone lift that is running a Procomp or Fabtech Front Strut assembly.

Don’t think anyone here is running that combo but they will bolt right up.

Last edited:

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bilstien 6112's

Kore off road, fox 2.0 with coils assembled .

Eibach lift , comes with coils.

These are all alternatives that will bolt right up.

Reactions: JB1
OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thank you I didn't even see the Bilstein 6112 with coil spring. They are very close to the price of the Fox 2.0 as they both would leave me with using the lift spacer. I have some research to do. I will report back

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Thank you I didn't even see the Bilstein 6112 with coil spring. They are very close to the price of the Fox 2.0 as they both would leave me with using the lift spacer. I have some research to do. I will report back
+1 for the 6112s. I run this on a Zone 6" because @JB1 told me to. :D I almost pulled the trigger on the Fox 2.0, but as stated, they are smaller diameter and only top out at 2.5".

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
JB1 is the Man. I don't know him but the post above with an explanation and pictures is greatly appreciated. (I am self employed so I value time a lot more than most) My first instinct was delete the strut spacer because I was going to invest the money in an upgrade, so why not buy a full length coilover. I did a lot of research on that and apparently was side tracked into only looking at full length options. I was also drawn to fox because they use eibach springs. I had a great experience with their springs in the past. I think JB1 has also influenced my decision as well, especially the pictures of his set up that is almost identical to mine.

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Don’t think anyone here is running that combo but they will bolt right up.
Hey JB1 are you still running the 392 rear gears? How do those perform with the 37s

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My effective gear ratio is 3.50 with the 37's so its fine imo.

Looks like yours is 3.03 with 3.21 and 35's....sheesh how's yours perform with that?

https://tiresize.com/gear-ratio-calculator/

would 4.56 be better?...hell yeah
Gas mileage blows on mine...... and it just seems like it’s searching for that last gear all the time even with the slightest incline it downshifts. From a hole it’s pretty peppy but I would like different gears to overall help move these especially if I plan 37s down the line. I was thinking 392 so that I avoid any dealer non installed parts.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I was informed by a rep at carid that they are no longer making the coil springs for the Bilstein 6112's. And the Bilsteins are on national backorder not saying they are not out there to be found. I also heard back from eibach and the tech there was swaying my decision to run their Pro Truck Strut set up. I may go that route and the price is about $350.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas mileage blows on mine...... and it just seems like it’s searching for that last gear all the time even with the slightest incline it downshifts. From a hole it’s pretty peppy but I would like different gears to overall help move these especially if I plan 37s down the line. I was thinking 392 so that I avoid any dealer non installed parts.
i bought my truck with no intentions of changing tire size, etc. at first

then fast forward to today and i want to run 37s

the fact that i cant swap gears without a new differential flat out blows

with this truck im going to keep the tires at around 35" and just live with it
but my next truck will either have lower gearing from the factory...

Or my better instinct is to just get a HD 2500 and put an 8" lift with 37s on it.......then i wont have to worry about the limitations and the lower durability that our 1500s have with lift kits+huge tires once we start going over 6" lift and 35" tires

im also not so tickled about the threads i have read on the BW44-44 transfer case that comes in a lot of our 1500s

oh well im happy with how mine is and it still drives nice so i dont think i want to get to a point where its unreliable or too much stuff has been taken apart just to get a little more lift/tire under it

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
3.92 and LSD were must haves for me

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was informed by a rep at carid that they are no longer making the coil springs for the Bilstein 6112's. And the Bilsteins are on national backorder not saying they are not out there to be found.

They must be selling a lot of the 6112’s, they really are a great coilover, my truck rides like a Cadillac, very smooth

Last edited:

MNEvan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a BDS 6 with 5” rear coils” and I added Bilstein 6112 coilovers set to max 2.6” and they come with new coil springs. They are a larger diameter than the Fox 2.5”. You can set them for 0” lift up to 2.6”

View attachment 137400

View attachment 137401

Here’s a few links

Not assembled:
https://www2.4wheelparts.com/p/b8-6...MI9-3l-uvt3AIVhABpCh1eGgwVEAQYASABEgKwRPD_BwE

Pre-assembled to your setting:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Bilstein-611...d-Front-Pair-09-18-Ram-1500-4WD-/332337610210

View attachment 137402

Ik I’ve asked you a few questions on your page already and don’t want to be a bother but would this setup work just with the zone lift with 3in rear springs instead of the bds lift

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ik I’ve asked you a few questions on your page already and don’t want to be a bother but would this setup work just with the zone lift with 3in rear springs instead of the bds lift

Yes if you want the Zone 6/3 kit you can add front Bilstein 6112s or any adjustable strut as long as you don’t set it too tall. The 6” kit uses a 5” top spacer and a preload spacer. Just discard the preload spacer and set the 6112’s to the #2 or #3 position depending on your current rake (height difference front to rear). If you use front Bilstein 5100 then reference those instructions for notch/height settings, it’s basically all mathematical but it starts with your stock rake measurements.

The rear Bilsteins I used will be a little long since they were for the 5” rear coils. Superlift comes with rear Bilsteins so you might contact them for a part number. You could always use the optional Fox rear shocks that Zone offers.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
This is exactly the setup I ran for a few months before deciding on going 6/5. @JB1 still needs to come pick up these 3” rear coils and Fox 2.0 shocks.... *ehem*

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is exactly the setup I ran for a few months before deciding on going 6/5. @JB1 still needs to come pick up these 3” rear coils and Fox 2.0 shocks.... *ehem*

Lol I was actually thinking about that last night and trying to figure out when I’ll have time to make that drive.