87mm Throttle Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my tax return, and I want an 87mm Throttle body to compliment my Long Tube headers and Hemi Fever tune.

Moes or Bully's?

Why?

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
I've only delt with Moe's, so my view is one sided. His customer service is top notch and so is his shipping.
For instance I was recovering from the flu when I ordered my rear sway bar, I ordered the wrong one, Matt caught it and sent me a email asking if that's what I really wanted, and shipped me the correct one.
Last year at Christmas he also helped my wife get the things I wanted for my presents. He always returns emails or calls in a timely fasion.
In today's world my money's important, so I want as much as I can get for it. Moe's often has sales on items, but really the service is something you can't out a price on.
Go with the best, Go with Moe's.

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Their both great. Bully's has been exceptional with helping me find a rim/tire package. Replying to emails fast is really convenient. But, Moe's is just as great.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RAMWarrior1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm running Moes 87mm. It's great, and unlike you id be looking for the longtubes headers to compliment everything else.

I think you're question was more of a which throttle body to go with and not customer service?

But I'm sure either one you choose will be great. And I don't think anyone here would say much different as far as service from both.

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
They are both pretty much the same one. I would go with which ever you can get cheaper.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've only delt with Moe's, so my view is one sided. His customer service is top notch and so is his shipping.
For instance I was recovering from the flu when I ordered my rear sway bar, I ordered the wrong one, Matt caught it and sent me a email asking if that's what I really wanted, and shipped me the correct one.
Last year at Christmas he also helped my wife get the things I wanted for my presents. He always returns emails or calls in a timely fasion.
In today's world my money's important, so I want as much as I can get for it. Moe's often has sales on items, but really the service is something you can't out a price on.
Go with the best, Go with Moe's.

+1 ^^^
Moe's is the best, bar none.

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have dealt with both Moes and Bully's. Both are exceptional. Both of them get their Throttle Bodies from the same company. So it's just a matter of who to buy from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
T

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Id assume performance wise theyre identical.
I guess it will come down to who has the better deal on shipping.

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I went with Fastman 85mm 3 years ago,
back when they were cheap ($212 shipped)

He was one of the first to do these for the 3G's

I like the way Dan also modifies the center shaft to smooth the flow over the butterfly plate...

"The top of the shaft is removed providing +3.50mm more airflow at wide open throttle."

Before :
251Hemi.jpg

After:
251mod.jpg

Here's my stocker next to my Fastman..
FastMan.jpg

If you want to save the cost of a new TB ($160)
you can send him your stocker, he mods it and sends it back within a week. (net cost $162)

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm I hadn't considered Fastman. I will take a look at his website

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to **** anyone, but wasn't it Fastman who had issues with the knife edging of their plates? Did they stop doing that to the PTBs?
I haven't seen a PTB from Moe's, but imagine its identical to the Bully's unit; rough as $hit finish on the interior.
I had to polish, knife edge and port match my PTB in order to notice any difference over stock.
No matter what, I HIGHLY suggest port matching it to your intake manifold. Only takes a few minutes, and the chain is only as strong as its weakest link! Why would anyone bother to buy a PTB if the neck of the intake manifold then becomes a restriction?????

Bully's gave me a fair price with shipping but had a poor experience (was slow at hell). I'm sure this isn't the case every time, but was mine.

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not trying to **** anyone, but wasn't it Fastman who had issues with the knife edging of their plates? Did they stop doing that to the PTBs?
I haven't seen a PTB from Moe's, but imagine its identical to the Bully's unit; rough as $hit finish on the interior.
I had to polish, knife edge and port match my PTB in order to notice any difference over stock.
No matter what, I HIGHLY suggest port matching it to your intake manifold. Only takes a few minutes, and the chain is only as strong as its weakest link! Why would anyone bother to buy a PTB if the neck of the intake manifold then becomes a restriction?????

Bully's gave me a fair price with shipping but had a poor experience (was slow at hell). I'm sure this isn't the case every time, but was mine.

Interesting stuff!

Im going to have to go pull mine off now to see what the heck you are talking about...

Can you elaborate a little? I have never heard of port matching to the intake manifold. And also not sure what you mean by the neck of the intake manifold. From what I remember (which isn't much, ever) the intake manifold was just a big gaping hole upon which the PTB sat...

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I had a fastman TB and it gave me problems. It would surge bad coming to a stop when the truck downshifted..

Maybe I needed a tune, but I didn't like it. Didn't notice much seat of the pants power anyways. Heard good stuff about him though on the LX forums.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Moes has free shipping to the lower 48 states. Not sure where you're at.

I'm also curious about this port matching thing. First time I've heard of this.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Oh, well I'm that case I have no clue which route to go. I believe I have read lost members who live in Canada use Bully's because of their Canada shipping.

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got mine from Andrew at Bullys as he is in Toronto. I had it in 3 days.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I will take that as a no on the elaboration. lol :emotions34:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca