88-93 swap. Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Theodore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 88 d 150

I have access to a truck which is a 93

I know I have several differences....

Mainly looking to know if. I take the harness and computer. It appears that the plug in on the driver side fire wall is the same— aside from pins in different places..

Will the 88 truck wiring run the 93 computer inside the engine bay??

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
it can be done. pretty sure 1 or the other has a 2nd connector coming through the fire wall to power things that the other doesn't that might be needed but cant remember. it can be made to work as long as you got the underhood harness. that is all you need to make the engine run. there is a possibility that you may need to install a new fuel pump to make it all work since the old pump may be worn out. if the 93 is a truck you should see about swapping out the fuel tank also since 91-93 fuel sending units are easily available and 88-90 sending units are impossible to find if it is every needed. the 93 also likely has the better steering column to use since they used the same style one's on the newer trucks so parts are easier to find than the 88-90 trucks. personally i would pretty much swap as much as possible from the 93 to the 88. the 88-90 trucks are usually the hardest to find the stupid parts when needed since most of the parts were only used for those couple years and then changed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956