A/C hooked to battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Murrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Hey All, hoping for some help with a 2002 1500 SLT I just bought. The previous owner had hooked the A/C to a separate toggle switch in order to power it. With the switch on, the A/C works great on full blast, but only that highest setting. Without the switch on, it still blows some, especially on the floor vent, but not well and not particularly cold. The switch has a line running to the battery, and another running up under the glove compartment I can't see. Anyone have an idea what this setup is compensating for, and how to go about getting it back to normal? Thanks

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds like the resistor blew, he didn't know it and just figured it wasn't getting power....of course that's like trying to troubleshoot a battery drain by hooking a capacitor to the electrical system....:doh2:

OP
OP
B

Ben Murrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
That makes sense because it does still seem to get at least some power without the switch flipped. I'll look into that, thanks!

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Trace all wiring related to that system, usually when you band-aid to that length you have larger issues than just a fuse/relay.

Last edited: