A/C Liquid line getting cold after Foil wrapped section.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Grasha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 non Hemi

A/C worked OK last summer When turned on this year It did not seem cold enough, Installed gauge at suction line and pressure was 65 lb ? Then i noticed the liquid line(which is usually hot) was getting cold right after the Foil wrapped section ?? Compressor is running constantly ? Now Today it made a loud groaning sound shut off immediately ? Any advice ?

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--

A/C worked OK last summer When turned on this year It did not seem cold enough, Installed gauge at suction line and pressure was 65 lb ? Then i noticed the liquid line(which is usually hot) was getting cold right after the Foil wrapped section ?? Compressor is running constantly ? Now Today it made a loud groaning sound shut off immediately ? Any advice ?

Moved in correct section.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Moved in correct section.

I'd remove the ac clutch fuse and check why it's constantly running.

1.Add dye check for leaks.

2.What I would do is to discharge the system. Replace orifice and dryer. Vacuum you can use a cheap harbor freight pump and replace refrigerant with correct volume.

3. If this doesn't work it could be clogged condensor, bad compressor or clutch.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sounds like something is clogged. I would do what atom13 said. It also sounds like you might be a little low on R134a refrigerant.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If your low on refrigerant, you have a leak somewhere, it doesn't just dissipate. I noticed some of my lines were sweating a few years back and knew that I was losing some efficiency through the condensation so I wrapped all the lines that were sweating with aluminum HVAC tape and boy what a difference it made in the cabin temperature! No more condensation either.
IMG_20150813_193638_138.jpg IMG_20150813_193827_540.jpg

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
replace the orifice tube line, and report back.

few reasons a compressor runs all the time, its charged perfectly and doesnt need to kick on or off, or someone has bypassed something in the past to make it do so, bad switch etc.