A Very Different 4th Gen Ram.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I bought this 2014 bighorn ram used, it was a year old with 22,000 miles on it. When I saw it on the lot for sale? I had to have it! I could almost see it already moded. This is what it looked like when I purchased it.1st RAM.jpg
The first thing I did was wash, and wax it, then I added smoked rain guards. Within the next year, I started to slowly bring my vision to fruition. I started with adding Bridgestone 32x10 tires, pinstriping, putting on the Mopar stripe, and hood decal along with all chrome door-handles, fuel cover, HEMI badge above the sliding rear window, and a 20-inch dodge logo on the tailgate, also bought RAM style floor mats for the front and back, and lastly installed a K&N cold air intake. I knew this was just the beginning.!

2nd Morph.JPG The second-year I took it a bit further, I decided to go with a more aggressive look with the tires and went with BF-Goodrich KO2 35X10 all-terrain tires, chrome custom rocker panels, Chrome pillar posts in channel rain guards, tie-down bed bars, I swapped out my RA1 head unit for an RA4, and changed out the the dash cluster to the 7 inch, also added a smoked bug guard and chrome-trimmed it, and Mopar mud guards. lastly, I installed a remote start.
3rd Morph.jpg I thought it looked pretty cool at this point but! I still had a long way to go, I was trying so hard not to spend too much cash, so I did every mod except the lift kit. for the next year I kinda went a bit crazy. So I saved as much cash as possible and stressed a couple of credit cards and did this! I swapped out the KO2's and replaced them with 37X12.5 inch Kanati mud hogs and 20x10 Moto Metal rims added a 4-inch superlift kit, wheel well flares, LED headlights, cab lights, taillights, interior lights, hood lights in the ports, changed out the bug guard to chrome. added a fiberglass sport hood, Flowmaster exhaust W/5 inch tailpipe tips, Installed Clazzio seat covers to match the color scheme of the truck, re pinstriped the entire truck, I also swapped out the ra$ head unit and put in a 10 inch Android, I also wood grain and chromed my interior, and then painted and lightly chromed the chassis of the truck.
4thg Morph .jpg This was a prety tough look, BUT!! I still wasn't completely happy with it yet! so I kept tweaking it even though I had already spent enough at this point. But to be truthful? this will probably be my last vehicle in life so I'm taking it as far as I can to please my self. I kept going through all the blogs and U-tube vids and saw more ideas I liked, and this is what I came up with. I changed most of my badging from chrome to black and red, I customized a Ram Rebel aftermarket grill to match the overall look of the truck, installed Morimoto XB LED headlights, a new bumper, changed out the fog lights, swapped out the fiberglass hood for a real one and added a completely different decal to it that I customized too, also added 9 LED's to the hood vents along with the Dodge 345 emblem on the hood the RAM letters on the front grill also light up red from behind. added tow-haul mirrors and did all the programming with an OBD2 Link also programed the directionals on the mirrors to stay lit while not blinking, I swapped out the second pair of taillights for a smoked LED set and also added a triple light bar under the tailgate, I added triple directional arrows behind the long view mirrors. This thing lights up like a Christmas tree at night. there are still so many other things I have done to this truck I still can't remember them all even though they are right in front of me. I defiantly have many parts to sell, that's for sure.
5th Morph.jpg I would love to say this is final? BUT" somehow I can't seem to. there is always something that catches my eye. As a few guys on this site have said! One does not want to overdo it and make a nice truck look cheesy.

OP
OP
Bennyrok

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The mori-moto headlights came stock like that, the spyder headlights I had to take apart and paint and pinstripe the inside of them for that effect.

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nicely done! I would probably stop after 3rd picture. But, that's just me.
I hope the truck is 8sp not a 6sp.

OP
OP
Bennyrok

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
How did the install on the cab lights go?
To tell you the truth! they went in fairly easy, I bought two sets just in case. I've had them in for three years and no leaks yet!
But I'm also a plumber, and am really good at preventing leaks.

OP
OP
Bennyrok

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Nicely done! I would probably stop after 3rd picture. But, that's just me.
I hope the truck is 8sp, not a 6sp.
Yea! she's an 8 speed, I haven't adjusted the truck yet for the 37's and it's shifting kind of separately at times but it does well.
Sucks up the gas fast!!! 10 miles to the gal.

OP
OP
Bennyrok

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What did you do with the colour match headlights? Looks good!
I still have them! but one of them has a leak and during the winter some water gets behind the lens and makes one of the light function improperly. Hell if you lived close to me I'd give them to ya.

Darksider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Man great work, looks fantastic!

Did you install the decals yourself? The rear ones? I was thinking of doing it on mine but undecided.

OP
OP
Bennyrok

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Man great work, looks fantastic!

Did you install the decals yourself? The rear ones? I was thinking of doing it on mine but undecided.
I added every single tiny different piece to this truck!! yes I did. :)

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great! Love the ram head on the center console!

Tonyloc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are the seats. (Covers) or custome apolstered the look like they fit perfectly what brand would they be??

OP
OP
Bennyrok

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The seat covers are from clazio seat covers, there cost? $750,00 dollars and they fit like gloves and are fairly easy to install.