ABS Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KobaltTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
A couple months ago my ABS and traction control lights came on. So I did my research and it seemed like it was the ABS speed sensor in my rear wheel hubs that failed. I swapped the sensors out and within a couple minutes of driving the dash lights shut off. The next day after 30 min of driving, the lights came back on. While the lights were off the ABS seemed to work well.

I don't think the ABS module is bad nor any fuses are out because it worked right after I put in the new sensors. I rechecked the sensor connections to ensure they were reconnected properly.

Anyone have any ideas what else could cause the issue to continue?!? I'm at a loss.

2011 1500 5.7L

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you read the ABS codes with a scanner that can read them?

Otherwise you may want to disconnect and reconnect the sensors to scrape off any corrosion. You may want to look for poor connections or shorts elsewhere in the harness. You may want to pull the sensors to see if they are dirty with filings or something was rubbing them.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Step 1 is retrieving the codes. There’s more than just where speed sensors that will turn on the light.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine's done the same thing, but usually only on a longer trip. If I stop for gas, the lights go off again. hasn't happened while I'm close to home so I can get a scanned on there. Mildly annoying that sometime's I'll be running on cruise when suddenly it shuts off, I hear the chime, something may or may not flash on the dash, then everything goes back to normal.