AC Blower reversed.... ugh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KainZow69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My blower and ac controls are backwards. The ac or heat should be center control, however if i want to switch to heat from ac i have to move the right controls. Where i want top blow the air to is the middle control. I took apart the bezel thinking the two controls were swapped. But, i cannot move them around. All the ac controls on other control units are same. Blower speed on left, middle hot or cold, and right where you want you blown air to go.

How can i fix this other than doing what i have been which is just move the wrong switch to adjust everything.

20190710_143259.jpg

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
interesting will be following !
Has it been doing it since you bought the truck ?
You buy it used ?
If purchased used my guess is the previous owner replaced the control panel and crossed wires ! But that is a guess and I am NO Gearhead. Hopefully one of the gearheads chime in
Please post what you do find !
Thanks

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Are the connectors on the back interchangeable?

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It doesn't look like there's anyway to cross the connections. There only appears to be 1 connection. My guess is, something is screwed up inside the control board. s-l1600.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg

OP
OP
K

KainZow69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah. The connections cannot be interchanged. It has done this since i purchased it. It's not really THAT big of a deal. I just didn't want to buy another one to find out something inside the computer is screwed up. But, if you think the panel is bad I'll try a used one and see.

OP
OP
K

KainZow69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why not just take apart the plug and move the wires? I did that when i broke the plastic piece for the title body.

Oh walt i have no idea what those 20 some wires go to. Thanks though for the suggestion. Think I'll pass on that one and just try another ac unit and see if that fixes it or if wires are wired wrong.

OP
OP
K

KainZow69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's weird because the fan for the condenser doesn't come on. Figured i would fix the fan issue first. Looks like that had anyway been done. The fan was cut so they didn't need to remove the condenser. I bought a used fan today and went to install it. Well the replacement fan didn't work, my fan did. Imagine that. So i put the fan back together. Took apart the ac fan switch and reinstalled utter and now the fan for the condenser works, but is still reversed. I'll buy that switch on the 3rd.

Thanks everyone.