AC Inverter Harness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hi guys,

I don't see it listed, but I think this one uses most of the same connectors as the power seat harnesses, so I thought I'd ask. Is a harness for going from the inverter under the passenger seat to the IP3 connector in the kick panel available? I realize the IP3 end would be wires with pins attached and need to be pinned into the IP3 connector and there would still need to be a power wire run from the PDC.

-K

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@DeereGuy would know since he's made a few. Note sure he's going to make any more going forward for awhile.

M² Mods.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hi guys,

I don't see it listed, but I think this one uses most of the same connectors as the power seat harnesses, so I thought I'd ask. Is a harness for going from the inverter under the passenger seat to the IP3 connector in the kick panel available? I realize the IP3 end would be wires with pins attached and need to be pinned into the IP3 connector and there would still need to be a power wire run from the PDC.

-K

I have built a few before. I normally run from the connector under the passenger's seat right to the inverter plug bypassing the IP3. You will also either need to run a wire to the BCM or find a power on ignition trigger as well as the power from the PDC. I have all of the parts to build one, but right now I honestly don't know when I could get to it.

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have built a few before. I normally run from the connector under the passenger's seat right to the inverter plug bypassing the IP3. You will also either need to run a wire to the BCM or find a power on ignition trigger as well as the power from the PDC. I have all of the parts to build one, but right now I honestly don't know when I could get to it.

I'm not in any rush, I was just curious. I've got the parts to build one that goes to the IP3 lined up (Mouser for the inverter end, a user here for the IP3 pins). The concept of going direct to the connector in the dash appeals, but I haven't found the part # for the connector on that end or the pin style to re-pin it. I'm also not sure exactly how a couple of the pins work yet. The 3 AC lines and the power/ground for the inverter are simple, but I haven't figured out the relationship between the following:

1> Inverter Switch Signal (BCM pin 35)
2> Inverter Switch Signal (Dash connector Pin 4)
3> Inverter Status Driver Indicator (Inverter plug pin 7)
4> Inverter Switch Signal (IP Pin 30)

3 & 4 appear to be connected to each other at the IP, but I'm not sure where #4 goes from the IP connector body side and where #1 & #2 end up.

Edit: Just found the relevant connector and wiring diagrams in the schematics archive. I need to sit down and cross reference them, but I think I may see how things go.

-K

Last edited: