5.7L Throttle Body harness help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1776 Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
1964, 2004, 2018
Engine
5.7L, 6.7L
I have a 1963 D-100 swpetline and it has a 5.7L hemi from like a 2004 truck. I just put a Holley tunnel ram and converted to the late model valve covers and coils. My issue is that putting the tunnel ram has moved the throttle body forward of course but the harness is now short and doesn’t reach. I am worried to cut and make longer because it could cause signal issues. So I was trying to find someone who makes a harness extension. I have ordered three different ones and all have not fit the plug at the throttle body. It is a six pin stacked connector not a late model flat connector. Any help or info would be appreciated. Pictures added for before and after. The two plug picture is the current plug and one of the harnesses I bought so you can see the difference. Also yes I already moved the radiator forward and everything there fits.

Attachments

• IMG_6605.jpeg
    IMG_6605.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6603.jpeg
    IMG_6603.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6606.jpeg
    IMG_6606.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6584.jpeg
    IMG_6584.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5682.jpeg
    IMG_5682.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 8

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What's the difference between extending the wires with the correct gauge and adding the harness? Both are doing the same thing (extending the wires). So if one causes a so called signal issue the other will too. I'd just extend the wires and see. I doubt it'll cause any signal issues.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have a 1963 D-100 swpetline and it has a 5.7L hemi from like a 2004 truck. I just put a Holley tunnel ram and converted to the late model valve covers and coils. My issue is that putting the tunnel ram has moved the throttle body forward of course but the harness is now short and doesn’t reach. I am worried to cut and make longer because it could cause signal issues. So I was trying to find someone who makes a harness extension. I have ordered three different ones and all have not fit the plug at the throttle body. It is a six pin stacked connector not a late model flat connector. Any help or info would be appreciated. Pictures added for before and after. The two plug picture is the current plug and one of the harnesses I bought so you can see the difference. Also yes I already moved the radiator forward and everything there fits.
Unless you have a big cube / stroked high compression 5.7,that intake isn't doing you any favours. If lengthening the harness worries you,go up one or 2 sizes on wire gauge,and use good quality wire.

OP
OP

1776 Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
1964, 2004, 2018
Engine
5.7L, 6.7L
Thank you for responding. That is what I did. I cut and lengthen the wires soldered the connections. I was just afraid of a signal issue with doing that. I know the dodge throttle bodies are very temperamental. I put the intake on just to change the look in the engine bay. I was going to the speedway stack injection with a Holley terminator x kit but then I would have to change the trans because it is not supported by Holley. So I did this instead. Not looking for real performance gains. This truck just a good driver and car show truck. I have a 64 sport fury with a big block 440 in it. It’s my go fast car right now. Which is still slow. One day I’d like to build a duster drag car. Or do a late model ram 1500. Here is a picture of the truck. IMG_8512.jpegIMG_5584.jpegIMG_5452.jpeg