ac issues compressor works but wont turn on from switch 2005 1500 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abbycau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
inside ac switch no lights on switch , compressor clutch wont engage , jumped ac clutch it runs and cools also tried to jump pressure swittch it has 3 wires Red ,Black and blue (Power,Ground, reference ? )

OP
OP
A

Abbycau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
inside ac switch no lights on switch , compressor clutch wont engage , jumped ac clutch it runs and cools also tried to jump pressure swittch it has 3 wires Red ,Black and blue (Power,Ground, reference ? )

FabricGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Computers
Not a switch anymore, now it is a high pressure transducer that talks to a computer.

I just went through all this on mine, and while it is working now, I really did not find a solid fault that I know that I fixed it forever.

Have you recently had your passenger airbag recall done? Just curious

FabricGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You are gonna need access to a professional auto scanner and an auto HVAC recovery and recharge machine.

Start by evacuating the system and putting in a measured (weighed in) refrigerant charge. See it that works.

Then if not, you want to look if there are any HVAC codes\

Then scanner view both the high pressure value and the evaporator temperature probe.

The Autel 608 I was using also updated (I think) the trucks hvac firmware. That could have been the PCM.s control of the ac clutch OR maybe even the computer controlled vent, temp, and recirculate blend door actuators.

I hope this helps you.

Please return and tell how this information worked for you, what you find, and how you eventually fix your vehicle (even if it is that you brought it to a mechanic / dealership for repair)
It is your feedback and final repair report that will make these forums useful to others in the future.
Many times I search and find the same exact fault that I am having, someone suggests how to fix it, the patron follows the suggestion and then never returns to say YEA! or NAY...

The forum thread just goes dead because the person fixed their fault and has not a care to offer the answer anymore. Please don't be that guy.

Cheers!

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah.... the Compressor request and power supply go through the TIPM.