Ac just stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coralfishg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
He guys so I have 04 Dodge Ram that I use as a pool truck down here in Florida. The Ac always has worked fine except for the low air pressure (I knew about the fix but it worked well enough for me not to fix it) last week as I was running my route my blower would stop, but then kick back on. By Friday I couldn’t get the blower to work at all.. so off I went to auto zone and purchased a new Ac blower and the relay that’s right next to it. I replaced both of them and still nothing (and pulled the trap door out finally)... I get in my truck this morning and the Ac came on, but as soon as I shut the truck off again after driving a bit it will not come back on. If you look under the hood the accumulator is cold to the touch and sweaty so that tells me the compressor is working so I don’t think it’s mechanical. I checked for fuses and everything looks good. Could the turn signal switch be effect it? I know mine is bad because sometimes my turn signal doesn’t work and neither does my washing fluid. I’m just trying to avoid a expensive garage trip if possible, thanks for any help.

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Maybe the fan switch is bad or contacts are dirty/loose.