Ac troubleshoot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redeemedfitness

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys! I have a 2006 dodge ram 1500 laramie 5.7

My ac isn't working well and I'm close to narrowing in on the issue hopefully lol.

So my ac clutch turns on and cycles after recharging it. I just replaced the condenser fan and it is working great as well. I seem to get somewhat cold air (could be colder)out of my driver side. But room temp air out of passenger side

Someone's suggested vacuuming out and recharging freon in their shop in case there is air in the line. I also hear a somewhat of a thump from behind dash in center and low a few seconds after I turn ac on which I was thinking could be a blend door or something but I'm not sure.

Any ideas on why my ac is not blowing cold out both sides or even completely cold on drivers side, when the unit seems to be running well

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Blend door issues, take a look at heatertreater.net .I believe that’s the address , they may have some helpful information or not . It’s been awhile.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you re charged it was it 100% empty? If so was the system evacuated first? You need to get it hooked up to a good set of guages to see whats going on If you turn it from cold to hot do you get real hot heat out of the vents? and then back to cold can you feel a change? If so the main blend door for temp is working.

OP
OP
R

redeemedfitness

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It wasn't all the way empty, I definitely should have emptied it first I'm sure.

But yeah my heat blows good and hot. When I turn to ac it gets noticeably cooler although not ac cold.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It wasn't all the way empty, I definitely should have emptied it first I'm sure.

But yeah my heat blows good and hot. When I turn to ac it gets noticeably cooler although not ac cold.
Take it to a shop have them such refrigerant out evacuate it and re charge they will be able to tell whats going on with it hooked up to gauges/machine.