Accessory Fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know which fuses in the fuse box operate as accessory fuses? I know F66 is the go to. However, I plan to install Alpharex G2 pros that will be using the F66. I messaged Alpharex and they stated they would not recommend installing additional wiring from a set of fog lights. Is there another accessory fuse I could tap for the fog light DRL?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Look under fuse box lid everything should be labeled. You ought to be able to find something there to use.

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ended up running the Alpharex fuse tap to the F66 and the foglight tap the F96. States rear heated seats which I don't have so seemed like a safe bet. Works like a charm.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ended up running the Alpharex fuse tap to the F66 and the foglight tap the F96. States rear heated seats which I don't have so seemed like a safe bet. Works like a charm.
For the fuse tap to F66, what amp fuse did you use in the tap for the new fuse? My existing F66 uses a 10A fuse, and I didn't know what the Alpharex DRL harness needs.

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used 7 amps for both fuse taps.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone know which fuses in the fuse box operate as accessory fuses? I know F66 is the go to. However, I plan to install Alpharex G2 pros that will be using the F66. I messaged Alpharex and they stated they would not recommend installing additional wiring from a set of fog lights. Is there another accessory fuse I could tap for the fog light DRL?
Another option if you're going to be adding more 12V accessories in the future is to add a power distribution block. This gets power directly from the battery, and some of them even include built-in negative/ground terminals and fuses.

You can see more details about the one I did here (see post #10)

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. Thats a great idea. Im definitely planning on adding some lights to my sport bar and grill guard when there's more money laying around. Unfortunately the wife says its her turn to add mods to her Ram lol.