active air dam bypass module or delete kit, cant find one ...help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dshiznit107

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
had to remove the active air dam on my 2023 ram 1500 Laramie in order to install the plow mount. so now i need the air dam bypass module to stop getting a check engine light but i ant find the bypass module its a 3rd party item . i need help finding one.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I haven't heard of any bypass module for the AAD. I removed them and never saw any codes. That was on a 2020 and 2021 Limited. My plan was to remove the motor from the AAD assembly and find a place to stash it and keep it plugged in to the harness if any codes were thrown. It's been three years since I removed the one from the 2020 Limited and still no codes for that.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have just the AAD motor bolted on and plugged into the connector.
That's what I was going to originally do if I saw a light after removing it. Since I didn't I kept the AAD intact for reinstallation when trading the truck in.

jordo87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the exact same car in West Aus, same problem when i removed it to fit my front bar....
Easy fix if you are familiar with AlfaOBD app, OBDLink MX+ and Security Gateway Module (SGM) Bypass cable.
Select Body computer, Active Airdam Control Module Enable status: Select No.

All done mate have fun

jmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 Hemi
I have the exact same car in West Aus, same problem when i removed it to fit my front bar....
Easy fix if you are familiar with AlfaOBD app, OBDLink MX+ and Security Gateway Module (SGM) Bypass cable.
Select Body computer, Active Airdam Control Module Enable status: Select No.

All done mate have fun
I have a 2023 and did that too but it shows a error in the RAM app but no DTC code is thrown. The code shown in the RAM app makes no reference to the AAD. I plugged in the AAD motor and the code is removed from the app. So if you don't have the RAM app you would never be aware that a code of some type is thrown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357