actually back to dodge intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Reaction score
so i was invited over to this forum originally from a tahoe forum i was originally on. always been a fan of dodge trucks havent owned one in a while though. alot of newer ram owners on here but anyway i recently aquired an 01 durango with 125k on it. shes got numerous issues i need to work through but it is road worthy for the most part. alot of parts will be involved but it was basically just given to me. ive been in and out on this forum i dont know much past 2nd gen trucks so i haven't really posted much. but anyway it is a 2001 durango slt awd 5.9 and im going to be attempting to show it enough love to bring it back around.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the Ram Forum, that 5.9 will pull that rig without any labor!!

OP
OP
D

drakon543

Reaction score
ya right now im still chasing some issues from previous owner hack jobs. got the rear brakes fixed up from being vice gripped off assuming it was done due to the faulty abs module. got the magnaflow y pipe and the dynomax mid and tail pipe to be fitted with a flowmaster instead of the dynomax muffler. ill do something better there down the road but the hole in the y pipe and the rest which is pieced together from 4 different pieces bugs me. really need to get the hvac actuators replaced and recalibrated have them pulled off and operated manually atm. cold in the ne so maximum heat mode is fine for now. getting new tires on it this weak one of the previous owners put 31 10.5 on it and they fit well and the speedo matches my gps so getting some general grabber atx put on. also somewhere in there gotta get that lower plenum fixed......

back when i had my 99 with the 5.2 you could still get several intake manifolds for a direct swap to ditch the kegger style and not have to deal with that lower seal anymore. besides Hughes for roughly 700 bucks that doesn't appear to be the case anymore. so i may just pop it off and fix it how i did on the 5.2 which ive never actually seen suggested anywhere. small dremel bit and i put a semi deep notch/slash between all the bolts and used one of the better gaskets. never had an issue after that either due to the groove giving a better bite to the gasket than 2 smooth pieces of metal or the adhesive gasket bond i used did its job.

OP
OP
D

drakon543

Reaction score
@GRKN im actually already on there already but haven't posted yet as my s22 i usually post from doesn't like forums anymore. its actually acting up as im typing this but its manageable.