FNG going back to Mopar truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timberline

Reaction score
New member currently driving a 1st generation Tundra that has spoiled me on reliability. But I'm wanting a bigger truck and don't care for the look and feel of 2nd and 3rd gen Tundras. I was always a Mopar guy growing up and love what I'm seeing in 4th gen Rams so that's what I'm targeting.

My towing needs are so limited that I don't need a diesel so pretty much set on the 6.4 2500 and will be buying used 2015-2018 range. I know the 2019 got the 8-speed transmissions and those are better than the 6-speed but I'm trying to keep it under $35K and that seems unlikely for 2019+.

Probably looking at a Laramie, maybe Big Horn and wouldn't mind a Power Wagon. I know they're thirsty but that doesn't phase me at all for my needs.

The Rambox cargo system is really impressive but that means no shell on the back and that's a deal killer for me unfortunately.

Anyway, I'll be reading/searching a lot here and trying to get comfortable with the idea of the 6-speed and will run a few candidates by you guys as I get closer.

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Welcome to the group !
Deals are starting to show up now, Prices still crazy,

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
rambox Topper

this guy was building his own setup

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Toyota does have the reliability thing down, I'll give them that. They can't figure out how to make a vehicle with soul to save their lives, but if boringly reliable A to B transportation is what you want they've got you covered. Friend of mine has a Rav4 with 200k miles on the clock. Just had to replace the alternator last week, the engine itself has never been opened. Change the oil, add gas as needed and keep on driving. No spirit to it, no panache. Doesn't turn any heads or bring a smile when you hit the gas but it goes down the road year after year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357