Added LED bed lights, now cargo light has issues??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klaus96

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Laramie 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
A buddy added some LED bed lights for me. He installed a rocker switch in the bed and they are supposed to come on with the cargo lights as well. The rocker switch works fine, but when I turn the cargo lights on, they just flash and shut back off.

Sometimes with the truck "off" the cargo lights will come on and stay on, sometimes they just flash. With the truck running or moving the cargo lights will just flash and shut back off.

During all of the above scenarios, the cargo light indicator on the dash shows that it is "on" when the cargo light button is pressed on the dash.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could be back feeding the cargo light circuit. How is the bed switch wired. Where did he tap the power for the switch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motivology

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
It does sound like some wiring issue that is making this happen. Usually LED needs resistors to trick the truck's computer in order to perform the way it should perform.

OP
OP
Klaus96

Klaus96

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Laramie 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah, he had diodes in place to prevent feedback, but I had him disconnect the cargo light tie in. It ended up being unnecessary anyway. The switch in bed is all I need.

I think the can-bus system didn't like the tie in.