Adding a switch to reboot the dang Uconnect 8.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malthaeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
My Unconnect in my 2019 Ram 1500 frequently likes to stop talking to the iPhone for wired connection. If the truck sits a few days, the Uconnect will power down, and when it powers up it works properly with CarPlay again. I've watched multiple videos on how to get it to reboot - none of them work. I'm wondering if interrupting power from the fuse might work. Anyone know of an adapter with inline fuse and a switch that could be plugged into the interior fuse panel?

Would that even work, or does the Uconnect unit have an internal battery?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Have you tried unplugging the USB cable from the port itself, not just from the phone?
There have been some glitches with iPhones not wanting to connect/charge if the cable is left plugged in.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Really? Holding the driverside heat up and down buttons at the same time until the heat indictes full and holding for another 4 seconds doesn't take you into the secret menu?

OP
OP
M

Malthaeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Really? Holding the driverside heat up and down buttons at the same time until the heat indictes full and holding for another 4 seconds doesn't take you into the secret menu?

This one is new to me, but no, that doesn't work either!

OP
OP
M

Malthaeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Have you tried unplugging the USB cable from the port itself, not just from the phone?
There have been some glitches with iPhones not wanting to connect/charge if the cable is left plugged in.

Yes, and I've swapped cables as well.