Adding Fog Lights to a 2500 Tradesman [Need Some Guidance]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SaltyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Hemi 5.7
I stumbled upon a very good priced 2500 Big Horn bumper and had to snag it. I understand how to remove the brackets from the truck and how to add my lip to the other bumper. The only problem I seem to have encountered is that I do not know how to do the wiring. I found this kit on eBay and I think part number 68269912AA is needed for the install. What else do I need to do? Do I need to activate anything with AlphaOBD, and do I need any other types of harness to make this upgrade possible? And if I need the harness where do I put it?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You will need a harness from lights to plug in fuse box, plus the switch that has fog light switch built in, plus AlphaOBD to enable everything to work. Contact Mpgrimm2 for harness in a PM. There is a thread here about adding fog lights, I suggest reading through it, you will see an issue I had with screen on Alpha unit. If you have 18+ you will need security bypass for Alpha, I just left mine plugged in once done.

Good luck

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
You could go old school and avoid all the steps to make them factory correct.
Take the hot wire from both lights, wire them together to an in-line fuse & relay to the battery and to a $4 switch inside the cab. Grounds from both can either be wired together or separate to frame.

You'll also be able to have fogs and highs on together without messing with Alfa.

That's how I'd do it.

KENNY SLADE

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Is the procedure different for adding fog lights in 2017 tradesman? Making it as stock option.