Adding heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbreckheimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I just got a heated steering wheel for my 17 big horn along with the needed harness, clock spring and switch panel.

I have aftermarket heated seats and my heated seats are plugged into the heated seat module under the driver seat. For some reason my heated wheel nor the seats are able to be turned on via the switch panel, is there a wiring harness I need to make these work.

chrisr5310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I'm in a similar situation and trying to find info. I recently bought a very clean 17 Ram 1500 Express and in the process of doing some upgrades. Being the Express model the truck has basic cloth seats. My budget only allowed for the steering wheel for now. Just installed the heated steering wheel w/ audio controls, new clock spring and new switch panel below the radio. After getting these installed all steering wheel controls work except the heat function. The switch doesn't even light up as if not getting power to it. Checked the owner's manual to see which fuse controls the heated steering wheel function, and it is fuse F97 which controls the heated steering wheel and rear heated seats (if equipped). Opened the fuse box and that fuse is actually already there and the fuse appears to be good. Through Google and Youtube searches and talking to a coworker that has a Ram 2500 with these options, I've learned that the module you mentioned controls the seats and steering wheel. I've noticed a couple of people have mentioned you need the seats with the module to control the steering wheel. My question is "why"? Does the module get it's power from the electric seats? Also, which of colored plugs on the module is for the steering wheel, which is for the heated seats, and which is power? Photos I've seen of the module have a light blue, a white and black harness plugged into it.

Attachments

• Ram Heated Seat Module.jpg
    Ram Heated Seat Module.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 27