Adding Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phaeton16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I upgraded my stock head unit and speakers along with a four channel amp in my 2016 tradesman quad cab but it needs some bottom end, I really don't want to spend 1K on a new Sub and amp. I installed a Fosgate powered sub in my wife's escape and that rounded out her system and that's what I'm lookin for, nothing to boomy just some nice bass. I would like it to go under the rear seat, what do you guy's recommend.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cheap amp
Fosgate 12
Premade box for ram.
Bass knob for tuning.

I listen mostly to punk or metal, but does well with hipp hop/rap.1b336cbca41ba23e1bc8bcbea38ba1b4.jpg8dfbfa3250b11911603670be98bb8918.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry, mine is a 10, i think

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I upgraded my stock head unit and speakers along with a four channel amp in my 2016 tradesman quad cab but it needs some bottom end, I really don't want to spend 1K on a new Sub and amp. I installed a Fosgate powered sub in my wife's escape and that rounded out her system and that's what I'm lookin for, nothing to boomy just some nice bass. I would like it to go under the rear seat, what do you guy's recommend.
Most aftermarket sub boxes will require you to give up your fold flat floor. Not sure if that is a problem for you or not.

Kicker makes a small powered sub that gets good reviews. It's nothing earth shattering, but apparently is rather decent.
https://www.kicker.com/hideaway-hs10

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Most aftermarket sub boxes will require you to give up your fold flat floor. Not sure if that is a problem for you or not.

Kicker makes a small powered sub that gets good reviews. It's nothing earth shattering, but apparently is rather decent.
https://www.kicker.com/hideaway-hs10

If you want to retain the fold flat floor, an under the seat powered sub is the way to go. I went with this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-RW10CA-Profile-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B019Z3RFGY?th=1

Because of fitment issues I got the one with the 8" speaker. I put mine behind the back seat.

It does not bow the windows outward when you play music but it provides a nice thump, thump, jiggles the seats and mirrors, and fills in the lower end of the musical scale quite nicely. I hear bass notes in songs that I've never heard before.

festivus15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want to retain the fold flat floor, an under the seat powered sub is the way to go. I went with this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-RW10CA-Profile-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B019Z3RFGY?th=1

Because of fitment issues I got the one with the 8" speaker. I put mine behind the back seat.

It does not bow the windows outward when you play music but it provides a nice thump, thump, jiggles the seats and mirrors, and fills in the lower end of the musical scale quite nicely. I hear bass notes in songs that I've never heard before.

What did you do for power to this one? And do you have a crew cab? I didn’t think there was room behind that seat. I’ve upgraded my head unit and front speakers, but need a little more low end, so this sounds appealing.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
What did you do for power to this one? And do you have a crew cab? I didn’t think there was room behind that seat. I’ve upgraded my head unit and front speakers, but need a little more low end, so this sounds appealing.

I have a crew cab. I did the back seat modification which allows you to tilt the back rest of the back seat forward and gain access to the space behind it.

https://www.ramforum.com/posts/1769526/

I had Best Buy Geek Squad install it for me, cost $99. They ran a thick power cable to the battery with an inline protective fuse. The subwoofer signal taps into the left and right rear speaker wires. They used a line output converter (LOC). I think the cost of the LOC was $9.95 or something similar.

Keithrh12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a crew cab. I did the back seat modification which allows you to tilt the back rest of the back seat forward and gain access to the space behind it.

I had Best Buy Geek Squad install it for me, cost $99. They ran a thick power cable to the battery with an inline protective fuse. The subwoofer signal taps into the left and right rear speaker wires. They used a line output converter (LOC). I think the cost of the LOC was $9.95 or something similar.

With the LOC is there any type of re-verb when the amp powers on or when not play anything? any issues with sound or anything?

festivus15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

do you have a picture of the install? I’m curious as to how/where they mounted it to the back wall. I’ve got an aftermarket head unit already with a sub out, so I wouldn’t need the LOC. I’ll just have to run power and the signal from the head unit.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
With the LOC is there any type of re-verb when the amp powers on or when not play anything? any issues with sound or anything?

Nope. No reverb, no popping, no hissing, no problems at all. Sounds nice.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
do you have a picture of the install? I’m curious as to how/where they mounted it to the back wall. I’ve got an aftermarket head unit already with a sub out, so I wouldn’t need the LOC. I’ll just have to run power and the signal from the head unit.

It was installed behind the backrest on the driver's side of the back seat. I have a couple of pictures, they are closeup shots.

Rockville-Installed1a.jpg

Rockville-Installed2a.jpg

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
I’ve got the MTX version of this ordered and I will be mounting it behind the back seat as well, only 3” thick. 8B9EF13C-4BF4-4139-9882-CE61E56E4446.jpeg

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Depends on what level you want. ATrend makes under rear seat boxes for a single 10 and one for dual 10s. Sealed boxes with .6 cu ft of volume. Quality is very good for the cost. The volume is a bare minimum for a 10" sub. I ran a single box with a Pioneer Champion series at 2 ohms on a amp that put out a real wattage of about 450w. The performance was impressive for a single seal 10" sub.