AEM Engine Air Filters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had one on my 17, I plan on buying another one for my 21. Great filter, easy to wash and reuse and no oil.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Literally what MOPAR rebrands... Bracket on mine let go after 5 years . The ******* that designed it should be beat to death. Only had 1 mounting point. lol...

I Just made a better one and welded it back on but with 2 mounting points made from 1/4 Aluminum.

Im sure glad I didnt pay for it. Had the dealer throw it in for free when I bought the truck...lol...

nc_ohc=rW1RgIams7AAX-dg_Zn&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.jpg
nc_ohc=EMseVIairJkAX8x-G06&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.jpg
nc_ohc=0kyvTAwusxwAX8ob3zW&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.jpg

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Literally what MOPAR rebrands... Bracket on mine let go after 5 years . The ******* that designed it should be beat to death. Only had 1 mounting point. lol...

I Just made a better one and welded it back on but with 2 mounting points made from 1/4 Aluminum.

Im sure glad I didnt pay for it. Had the dealer throw it in for free when I bought the truck...lol...

nc_ohc=rW1RgIams7AAX-dg_Zn&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.jpg
nc_ohc=EMseVIairJkAX8x-G06&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.jpg
nc_ohc=0kyvTAwusxwAX8ob3zW&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.jpg

I think we are speaking of the AEM drop in filter, I could be wrong!

OP
OP
JohnnyBandit

JohnnyBandit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think we are speaking of the AEM drop in filter, I could be wrong!
Yes I am just talking about a replacement for an OEM stock engine air filter......
I ordered and paid for an AFE......AFE failed to let me know when I ordered from their website, they have a two month backlog..... Mine is not scheduled to ship until late Jume.

I ordered an AEM through their site on Amazon. With Prime, I got it in two days, free shipping.

OP
OP
JohnnyBandit

JohnnyBandit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are your thoughts on it?
Don't know yet..... Installed it late this afternoon...... Drove a few miles around town....

Tomorrow I am driving about 180 miles mixed highway plus country roads and then about 40-50 miles in the woods..

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one in MY 19. Honestly, not really notice ne difference in performance or sound. I guess the only advantage it being washable and reusable, BOIRD just being honest.

(5.7L, no E-torque).

OP
OP
JohnnyBandit

JohnnyBandit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was not really seeking a performance boost. Mostly looking for a high quality filter with good protection and air flow.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just ordered one myself, should be here tomorrow.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You should also notice a little bit more of a roar from the engine compartment when you really get on it.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Filter received and installed. If anyone is interested the part number is 28-20247.

OP
OP
JohnnyBandit

JohnnyBandit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should also notice a little bit more of a roar from the engine compartment when you really get on it.
Seems a little more "roar" but not much.... The snap on acceleration is definitely there.....

I seemed to notice the "roar" most this evening when I was pulling an F150 out of a sand/loamy hole.....

But I had is in four Low and put the power to it.

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I like their dry filters. Put one in all our cars for a few years now, will probably put one in the truck. If nothing else a quick tap & vacuum saves money replacing them. In the GTI I noticed a bit more pep and some more engine sound. We'll have to see on this one.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I had one on my 2019 Laramie ( dry type) and liked it well enough that I didn't bother to get a CAI.