AEV Snorkel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WamBam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know there is another thread for snorkels but I figured I would put up my own. I installed the American Expedition Vehicles Snorkel kit for the 4th gen ram and I think it turned out really well. The install is sounds scary but just some simple tools and vehicle knowledge can get it done! The cutting is the scariest part and it wasn’t terrible to be honest. I absolutely love the look of the snorkel and I’m shocked that I’ve only seen one other one in person. I won’t be taking my ram through any rivers but at least it looks cool right?

OP
OP
WamBam

WamBam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ll have to upload pictures later, my phone doesn’t want to work. But I took good pictures throughout the install

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Nice job and appreciate the installation pics. Does that affect your visibility.

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good install and looks good. I looked at the AEV website some months back. Just reading the installation instructions is scary as you have said. The only thing that scares me away from it is the price of it. Cool it sure is and adds a unique look that no one else has. Practical if you do a lot of off roading in mud or water

Buttyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought one of these snorkels, but now I'm worried about ingesting water during heavy rain on a long trip. Could you comment on that? Any issues with heavy rain? Where does the water go? Thank you!