After market radio installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CGARLING

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I have a 2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman diesel. I'm installing an aftermarket Alpine radio unit. Is there a plug and play adapter out there to go from the stock radio to the new unit, or do I have to splice them in? If I have to splice, does anyone have a diagram of the stock radio wires?

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
There are several options. If you have steering wheel controls and back up camera you want to keep, the iDatalink Maestro RR and iDatalink HRN-HRR-CH3 are the most advanced items. Metra and Axxess make adapters as well. Go to crutchfield.com and enter your vehicle info and add the Alpine you have to the cart and it will suggest the best options for your radio.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Being that you have a 4th gen you've got tons of options for mostly plug and play aftermarket support. I went with iDatalink in my 4th gen when I went aftermarket for CarPlay and it retained everything I needed. Crutchfield is your friend on getting all the right parts and if you're not comfortable with mating up the right wiring harnesses they'll even build them for you from what I remember. You will need a computer to program the iDatalink interface to your truck, but once that is done it doesn't need to be touched again.