Aftermarket Multimedia units for 2018 Dodge Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paulos G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Warlock
Engine
V-6 3.6 Liter 24-Valve
Has anyone upgraded their multimedia unit on your 2018 Dodge Ram 1500 Tradesman Quad Cab? Has anyone been to an electronic store like Best Buy and upgraded their RA1 unit to the Best Buys multimedia units like Pioneer, JVC or Sony multimedia units that works with the steering wheel and USB functions installed on your pickups? Does your bluetooth works after installing your new multimedia units after upgrading the factory installed RA1 units on your pickup and was their improvements on your sound? I have a 2018 Dodge Ram 1500 Tradesman Quad Cab with an RA1 unit; speakers are decent but what do you recommend for an upgrade to this RA1 unit?

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Doing a simple search through this forum,”Aftermarket” you will find plenty of threads already covering this.

Ignacio Rodriguez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just put in a JVC KW-M730BT in my 19 Classic Tradesman. Replaced an RA1. The sound quality is definitely improved. Apple Car Play is awesome. I have heard there is no way of retaining factory Bluetooth mic so you have to use the one that comes with the deck. If you use the Maestro RR or RR2 you can retain steering wheels controls and more.