aftermarket radio oem steering wheel controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikgnumv10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Want to know I if anybody got an aftermarket radio that uses all of the functions of the steering wheel radio controls. Volume controls are cool but I want to use the other controls as well. The seek button option and toggle button didn't work on my friends truck. He has a pioneer

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You need the correct adapter harness to make the OEM controls work with an aftermarket head unit.

Check out PacAudio as I believe they have what you need.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have to use an adapter module unless you find a head unit that is completely plug-n-play compatible

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The steering wheel interface lets you use all the buttons. You can use them as they are or you can reprogram any button to do any function. The radio doesn’t really matter. It’s the steering wheel interface that is doing the work.

pilotcld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Good luck! Not sure which adapter for the steering wheel controls. If you don’t like the picture frame Metra dash kit, I got this and love it. Needed to do a little cutting, but it comes with a template that clicks into the dash, so no guessing needed. I had the radio without navigation, and this covered up the half circles perfectly. The small pocket is pretty teeny, and not very deep, but I think it looks better than the Metra kit even if I don’t use the pocket.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01C0J7EMA?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

4E7B49ED-274D-47B2-9D68-15018BE49A04.jpeg

44F1C6FE-FD11-4DE3-A357-68DE0CE62452.jpeg

stereo_luver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The steering wheel interface lets you use all the buttons. You can use them as they are or you can reprogram any button to do any function. The radio doesn’t really matter. It’s the steering wheel interface that is doing the work.

Yes I programmed my steering wheel controls to work with my 7100NEX.