Aftermarket Replacement Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
My '96 Ram 1500 - 5.9 auto - has started to pee the bed again. Still has the O.E.M. radiator in it. About 10 years ago the original owner noticed the typical seepage around the tank seams and tightened the crimp up, and it lasted up until now. I an not going to spend the money on an O.E.M. replacement for a 24 year old 2nd vehicle. I skipped past the "economy" 90 day warranty models and I am looking at the (hopefully) "better" aftermarket standard replacement ones. I also plan on putting in a decent brand water pump and new belt and hoses while I have it down.

So - does anyone have any first hand knowledge on TYC, Spectra Premium, or Denso radiators?

Thanks, Willie

OP
OP
E

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Interesting the lack of replies. I guess no one has ever used an aftermarket brand radiator to replace a 2nd gen radiator.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting the lack of replies. I guess no one has ever used an aftermarket brand radiator to replace a 2nd gen radiator.

Wish I had known there were all aluminum radiators out there. I had to replace mine twice. The plastic side tank/aluminum core radiators are weak.