Air Box - air from fender ... where does the air come from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can only speak to my 2011 but that is also a 4 inch square portal in the inner fender panel feeding the intake to the filter box. I don't know where the air comes from up to that point but I do know that it is an excellent place to install some quarter inch square galvanized screening to keep the squirrels and chipmunks and their acorns out of your intake system. Works for me and only took about ten minutes to fab and install, simply wrapping it over the mouth of the male air tube end. Hope someone else benefits from this as I have. I used to have an abundance of trash in there. Since then virtually nothing.

You referring to the plastic front fender liner?

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
I see the air box is connected to the fender. My question is: were is the opening where the air comes in and goes to the air box?
want to see were the air is coming from look inside were the tier is a plate wide open screw part way in a little not smart I think so blocks mine when new volant I installed

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
I have no idea what you wrote there.
on passasure side look in front were the tire is inside area cover wheel well there is on cover 3 x 3 its open lose and a little dirt air and all gets sucked in there right to ur filter ! sorry some days I m to fast for anyone to caught on to me think too fast ! oh did anyone see I spell backwards and type that way too ?

Last edited: