Air box to throttle body boot on magnum 4.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bones1975

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7 v8
I am a new owner of this truck and was having some issues with the truck stalling immediatly after start up it would run for a few seconds and fall on its face. I got it taken care of and realized some of the neglect the previous owner has shown this truck. First of all as I removed the air filter box and air box that mounts to front of throttle body I see they were running it with no air filter. I then notice the boot that connects the box to the throttle body is dry rotted and has a tear by the hose clamp. I can't seem to find a replacement for it. Any help would be appreciated! I removed the idle air control and cleaned it and the throttle body as they were very dirty I'm sure no air filter had some to do with it. After reinstalling it is running good now but would really like to replace that intake boot. (Not sure what it is actually called but I refer to it as intake boot.

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Talking about this one?fd6058b1350682a9db1a6855e74198ca.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Start looking at salvage yards that is what I did .I just hope not having a air filter hasn't hurt the engine in the long run only time will tell.

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes that's the one any idea where I can get a new one?
I bought this at AutoZone. I measured the opening to the TB and box and just bought a connecter from there and new hose clamps. It was a little tight getting on at first (did mine in winter), so I'd put it out in the sun for a bit.

Edit: $13 at Advance Auto Parts b73a96def4f775b8106dc3750eb31b13.jpg

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
You can get couplers at any diy store, just take a measurement or bring it with you. Basically it’s just a fernco coupler really.