Air lift 1000 bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

merl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
a
I bought the 1000s. I purchased them on Amazon. I haven't yet installed them, so I don't know how difficult they are to do. Here in Pa. the weather is too cold now to worry about doing it until better weather. My buddy also got the same ones and he's waiting to install his too. If anybody has any tips on doing it, let me know.

I have installed air 1000 twice. So easy. Make sure you have lots of zip ties. Get most of the air out, zip tie in many spots, Jack the truck so the springs open and push them in. Cut the zip ties. Works best when warm

Jukebox64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put the airlift load left at 5000 on my 2014 ram. Even though they say to only put five psi in the bags when you do not have a load every time I hit a bump it feels like I am bottoming out. I even went as far as putting 25 psi in the bags without a load and the truck drove better but still bottoms out if I hit a hard bump. It feels like there is not enough room for my axle up and down anymore I believe when I hit a bump the axle goes up so far it hits the airbags instead of just traveling up and down.

AJAY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have the Airlift 1000 on my 2013 Ram 1500. Went with a different route on my 2018. Went with the Icon 1.5 coil springs and love it. I do offroading/hauling/towing about 30% of the year. I love both but love the Icon more because I don't need to add or let out air every time I tow or haul. The Icon are dual rate springs. Also the Icon will give me more wheel travel. I wanted to go with Timber Grove but I want max wheel travel. Before this coming summer I'll be putting the Icon's 1.5 in the rear of my 2013. Had the Airlift for 2 years in the 2013 and never had a problem.

AJAY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can some one delete this post. Thanks. Made extra post.