Air Suspension/Electronic Brake/Trailer brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afram1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

I have a 2015 1500 Sport with Air suspension. Recently I have had an issue where I will be driving down the highway for about 25-30 minutes and all the sudden the dash says “service air suspension system, service electronic brake system, service trailer brake system” and then the truck is super bouncy and I lose cruise control function and ability to adjust the suspension. Once I park it overnight I go out in the morning start it up drive about 20 feet and all the messages go away and it’s like nothing ever happened. Has anyone seen this before? It only happens when driving on the highway.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere causing most likely a communication issue between the modules that control those systems.

Bergie09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you found any updates on this issue? My truck has started throwing the same messages

Eric M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Check your front hubs/bearings. I had a bad one that caused this same exact error.

MD11pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’ve been having the same problem for about 6 months. It’s been in the shop 4 times….young mechanic scratches his head every time I bring it in. He reflashes the computer and it goes away. I get in it and drive 30 minutes down the road….cruise control quits, same service air suspension, service electronic brake system, service trailer brake system messages. 5 minutes later I’m riding in a goat wagon. If it’s a bumpy road it’ll beat you to death.
Thanks Eric M. Good to hear there’s possibly a simple solution. I’ll check the front bearings. Probably change them out myself. The truck is nearing 100k miles

sclymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am currently having those same 3 mservice messages appear on my truck. Any word as to what the solution was? I have already changed the battery thinking it may have been low voltage.

madtiger94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just checking to see if anyone have found a definite fix for this issue. I am having the exact same thing happen to me and don't want to chase my tail with my inept dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to trade this truck in if it can be fixed at a reasonable price.

Cmwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I’ve been having the same problem for about 6 months. It’s been in the shop 4 times….young mechanic scratches his head every time I bring it in. He reflashes the computer and it goes away. I get in it and drive 30 minutes down the road….cruise control quits, same service air suspension, service electronic brake system, service trailer brake system messages. 5 minutes later I’m riding in a goat wagon. If it’s a bumpy road it’ll beat you to death.
Thanks Eric M. Good to hear there’s possibly a simple solution. I’ll check the front bearings. Probably change them out myself. The truck is nearing 100k miles
Did this solve your issue? I’m having the same problem and it’s driving me mad!

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I had the same issue on my 2016, it was a faulty trailer brake module which is behind the dash. If you disconnect the wire to it and drive for a bit it should go away.