AlfaOBD 2019 Ram2500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruinjay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Can anyone confirm identical procedure for the newer trucks? Link below.

Thanks!

Steven Kimberly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have the Alfaobd but can't get anything to work after changing it to yes.

Motoman501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I read on another thread or possibly another forum that you can't change it on a 2019 or newer due to a new two stage pin authentication process. In the thread they evidently even reached out to the developer of Alpha who stated it wasn't possible. I changed tire sizes on my 2015 but will probably stay stock on 2019. I was able to turn off the psi warning using Alpha but you don't need the pin to do that.

Steven Kimberly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've tried auto mirrors and windows down, got nothing. I did get the trailer icon on but it turned off my cameras

schmidtfamily6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have that bypass security thing installed for any 2019 and new?
I'm just asking, I was hoping to use the AlfaOBD to do some performance tuning but it sounds like it is a guessing game as to what each feature does to your truck.
I know the app only $20 but I'm more worried about the $50K truck on the other end.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have that bypass security thing installed for any 2019 and new?
I'm just asking, I was hoping to use the AlfaOBD to do some performance tuning but it sounds like it is a guessing game as to what each feature does to your truck.
I know the app only $20 but I'm more worried about the $50K truck on the other end.
The Alfa tool is not for tuning. It's purpose is for diagnostics and enabling and disabling settings it the BCM. It isn't capable of changing settings it the PCM. The App is $49. The tool has proven itself very safe on the 4th gen trucks from 13 to 18 plus the 19 and 20 Classics as long as you pay attention to what you're doing and ask questions if you don't know. As far as the 5th gen trucks go I'm not sure how effective or safe the tool is on them. All the trucks from 18 up will need the security bypass cable from KaodTech.com to be able to connect to the BCM.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk